terça-feira, 26 de agosto de 2014

The Other Side: Lost Chronicles Tome 1

The Other Side: Lost Chronicles (Ragnarok's Rises… Prologue II)

By Hugo Ferreira


Tome 1: Open your eyes




I'm getting too old for this; I really can't stand with all this crap that's happening here in Mevacas city. This world has gone wrong death and destruction all over the places, famine installed on more than half of the inhabitants of the world, deceases and vermin's rule these days, and this crappy red dark sky makes the creeps out of me.


I really do not care about this f**king war between Earth, Heaven and Hell, and certainly I would had appreciate not having to be in the middle of it, but no, as usual my guts were to push things up, meaning, now here I am, surviving and trying to save the most number I can, but still my feeling is that we're not designated to win.


Damn, today I just wish being just a regular guy, not this thing that I cannot start describing, well if you look at me, besides the visible scars I'm just a regular person, but come, take a better look, come, stare at my eyes and tell me what you see?




Did you feel it? Those mesmerizing chills that have passed thought your spine? Did you see the energy sprites that lay inside my iris? What do you think I am?


Human?

Demon?

Angel?


Maybe none, maybe all who cares? All my life I felt as an outsider to this world, with some calling me Angel, with others calling me Demon, and then there was my inner me, shouting and pleading inside that I was just Human.


But slowly during my teenager years, things got really out of control, the voices and the visions started to increase… I could not control it, everywhere I looked I saw monsters when I usually saw persons, some I knew, some I didn't… But I just wanted them to go away.


Then, that phase ended, and my life became a little more calm, then I found someone, that tried to warn me that the world was not what I thought to be. And yeah, I didn't believed then, well, I really wish I had at that time, as that could have made me a little more prepared for what happening today, but no, gosh, I'm too stubborn sometimes.


But what could I do, STOP everything you're doing, yes you, the one that's reading this chronicle, tell me if the following event had happened to you what would you do…


I was sleeping, or I thought I was sleeping, when suddenly my vision became blur, then I heard a noise, so I turn, then there were someone in front of me, someone that I could not recognize, but then again familiar at some point.


That figure told me to open my eyes… Told me my future, told me what I was, what I would be, and worst, in the very end it told me that it was me. I joked, laughed and mostly I tried not to hear more, but the figure insisted that I had to see beyond the darkness. Then I wake up, tired, cold, and with the need to drink a ton of water, then I forgot or better I was too scared to see, I opted to ignore, opted to turn around, and those words become trapped inside my mind, and as I tried to ignore them more signs appeared in front of me that made me remember those words.


So I moved on with my life, I became a man, I started to work, gained good money, hey I even fulfilled my dream on having a Esoteric shop, called The Other Side, well I guess I had seen many ghosts flicks when I was a kid, as I always had some kind of interest on that matters. I started a family with the woman that I love, and I know that she loves me too, hell we even had two children, a girl and a boy … and God, I miss them, but then, a couple of years ago the world changed…


And I was obligated to change. Not that I wanted, but it was needed, as when I had a demon treating the ones that I love, I do not think, I act, and my act that day changed my whole existence… But that's material for another chronicle.


And on that day I finally opened my eyes…





TO BE CONTINUED…


Sem comentários: