quinta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2014

Shadows of the Day’ Ragnarok's Rises…



Shadows of the Day' Ragnarok's Rises…
Part I - "Blood-Red Skies"

(This fiction is a direct continuation of Sombras do Dia - Chapter XV)

After my latest chronicle, I've finally managed to rest and to calm down my anxiety levels, and even though things aren't 100%, I'm wandering in the right direction, it is not enough, but it's a start. My recent loss still hurts in my chest, but I know that I'm not alone, and for the first time in my live I have my eyes open and I'm fear free, short of...

As it turns out, a new chapter of my diary is upon me sooner that I expected, but I shouldn't be surprised, I've see this coming for a long, long time ago… 8 years or so probably, and excuse me for that, but dates and I never walked hand to hand, so why bother starting now.

Regardless of that, lately the increase of my nightmares and daymares are bugging me, I know it's just my troubled and tired mind playing tricks on me, or at least I hope its just that, but you see, for some time now, I'm able to feel presences from the Other Side of this world… okay, according to my old lady, that is a trait that I possess since I was a child, but that's not the point.

My point was the fact that for ages I tried with all my strenght to prevent that to happen, but since the Moon turned red I'm unable to stop the voices speaking to me. I cannot understand them, but it stills scares the hell out of me, last night was a good example of that, there I was, laying in my bed alone with my mad cat laying next to me, okay laying next to me, is an exaggeration of the truth, what she does is to lay on me, to try to protect me.

And most of the times, my mad cat is able to absorb my 'mares, but yesterday, as she was having one too, i tuck her into me, and it went away, but soon, no longer than two to three minutes the temperature of my room drops, and I start feeling a cold breeze caressing my head, and then… I ear two imperceptible whispering shouts. I laid still, and a third one echoes in my head making a burst of pain. 

I gaze my mad cat in the dark, pull her to me inside the bed covers. We lay still for some minutes in a wrapping bubble, then she starts feeling uncomfortable and leaves the bed, and that was my clue, I turn and click the lights, rush to the kitchen to grab a doughnut to eat. After that delight I'm out to the window to smoke one more cigarette, yeah, i'm smoking too much again, and after a quick pass through the bathroom I finally hit my bed, and as usual my mad cat is already there waiting for me,,, 

After that I slept for hours and hours, resulting in a good night of rest, that is highly appreciated and needed.

In the next morning I awake feeling fresh, calm and late, once again, so I run to take a quick bath, get some clean clothes on me and run through the door, as i've got to be on my company Produções Ilegais, LLC by 10 A.M. and looks like I'm gonna be late once again, but I really don't care i should have closed it years ago, as being the owner of an enterprise that helps people leave this lousy country, giving them new identities and some initial financial safety, isn't a cool thing to do, it is, but what I earn isn't near of what I need to keep that place running. Plus, after that Moon incident, well, the chaos is installed anywhere, so why bother leaving here? you will not find peace anywhere anyway.

Doesn't matter what I think, but this fucking red skies is scaring me like hell, and I'm with that feeling that this is just the start of something even crazier… but hey, never mind, after two hours in a train i finally arrived to Produções Ilegais, and I've already the clients waiting for me.

I meet and greet with them in the hall, and as I'm late we rush the presentation… I start with my usual, "Hi, I'm Miguel  ngelo and I'm going to take your case from now on, but please call me Miguel.", then they told their names' Mr. Antoine LeBeau and Miss. Victoria LeBeau, and after some hours chatting I figured out that they were a cute couple, completely fallen in love with each other, but due to the current economy they want to make a life in some country where they could own a land and be away from the civilization harsh. 

After the meeting I told them that I was going to look for option, and that I was going to contact them in a couple of days. They agreed, played me half of the agreed 600.000,00 Euro-dollars and went on to their lives. I thought to myself, well, after all this might turn out to be a good day. With the money I've earned today I can pay my debts and still manage to have 890,00 Euro-dollars in my pocket in the end of the day.

So I thought I needed a little celebration, so I open my desk and grab my old whiskey mini-jar that i had laying there since Bea and the kids left me 12 years ago. I do not know why that came to my mind, but I laid the back of my chair back, puted my feets on the desk and opened the jar and place a little drop in my mouth… Instant spitt, the whiskey that was inside the mini-jar was completely mess out, after all it only passed 12 fu'kin'years since I place that crap in my drawer. My mouth got a putrid taste, that even as I rushed to the sink to clean it up, it didn't fade away.

That was a stupid move, but that was not the only stupid move I had that day, oh no no no, the worse was yet to come. As I was looking for a place to accommodate the needs of the LeBeau's and trying to figure a little more about their backgrounds, I got lost in my own picture albums, and I really do not know how I got into those files, as I'm pretty sure I had them deleted. So I double checked, I wasn't in my picture albums I was browsing the net. Weird shit, as I searched for Victoria LeBeau, her pictures appeared alongside with pictures of Mo, my ex-wife, plus pictures of Beatriz, my ex-ex-wife and from my kids that she took with her, Cristina & Ana, plus pictures of Lia and actually every significant other I had in my life…

I was in a wow moment… I believe that the whiskey was more rotten than I expected, as even through my stomach was iching I thought my head was fine… Fuck, I turned the screen down, and went straight for my sink to throw some cold water to my face. It felt good to feel the cold, but as soon as I straight myself to clean my face what I saw in the mirror was something that is still stuck in my mind. You see, I saw me, but it wasn't me, hell even the fucking office behind me was different. Familiar but different somehow...

I thought to myself that I needed to take some more rest, so I grab my jacket and went to the street, the skies were blood-red, death could be felt in every living creature. My vision blurred a little as I looked into the people that pass by and their faces turned into something else, some gained some demoniac look, while other a serene one… I was losing my mind, in a big way...

I runned to the train station, it didn't help, so I putted my sunglasses and looked down to avoid eye contact with everyone. My train comes in a couple of minutes, I enter, and about two hours later I'm arriving home… Mo is there in her room, I really do not care, as I take my clothes and rush to bed… I really need to sleep. To my surprise or not my mad cat was already in bed waiting for me but this time she was inside the cover, scared and afraid of something, so I sat down, took a couple of sleeping pills and grab her near me, and for the first time ever, she didn't left, she stayed there with her claws grabbing my arms and we slept… 

My last thoughts before the effect of the sleeping pills started was "tomorrows gonna be a better day..."



Sem comentários: