quarta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2014

Frontstorm

Today I'm reviewing some of my old fiction I created circa 2009 for a game line called "Duels", the Duels universe was created by a texan gaming company called Challenge Games, and what started with a simple browser online rpg called Duels, rapidly evolved into various spin-offs, consisting a card game called Duels Warstorm & a tower defense game called Duels Defense. Some time later with the Facebook boom, one new game surfaced in the same universe, but this time it as a basic text adventure rpg called "Questy Quest", plus a new renowned version of the card game, now simply called "Warstorm". That universe continued engaging many fans and rapidly gained the attention of Zynga Inc that eventually bought the company and killed all their games, but that is something for another time.


Anyway, during my time playing the Challenge Games' games I became online friend with most of their developers, so one day I was with Melissa, and I decided to develop some fan fiction on that setting. I used some of the characters I had on Duels.com as we could create up to 10 avatars(game characters) and I showed what I have done to the Challenge Games developers. To my surprise they liked my little project and gave thumbs up to continue.


And so I did, what started as a little fan fiction grown into a universe of his own, intituled Duels Frontstorm, with multiple stories made (most are still incomplete) and released, an unreleased print-to-play card game,an unreleased print-to-play pen & paper role playing game plus 35 characters created, even that, most of the 35 characters don't have an character biography done up today.


But as I was telling at the start of this now long post I'm reviewing those today, so in a couple of days I might be able to re-release those old fictions just for your viewing pleasure.

Sem comentários: