quarta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2014

Duels Frontstorm Origins & Omens (2014)

And my review of the first Duels Frontstorm fiction is done. I decided to compile the origins of the three major character of this mini universe - Kronnax, Isilme & Spectree. I hope you enjoy those as much as I liked to write them.


As a note, the Isilme origin wasn't written entirely by me, as I only edited some parts, but her credit are due to Melissa Mey, the original player and character creator.





Duels Frontstorm Origins & Omens


Origins & Omens - Kronnax

​My name is Dust or at least that is what people call me those days, my real name I've forgotten a long time ago, and note that time stands still here in Phyrra. I do not know how long I've been stuck in this place, it seems ages, I've seen it all... Wars... Famines... Violence… Hate... Love... Invasions... well... nevermind, you may just call me Dust... as that is what I am... And today I'm going to tell you a sad story, that begun some years ago in the eastern Mera Sea!


Today I'm going to introduce you to the origins of a young Khronish Pirate that goes by the name of Kronnax!


Three years ago, that poor lost soul was serving as a crewman, on the Vermington Pirate Ship, and he was on the verge of being promoted from Crewman to Commander but two days before that happening his Captain commandeered him to board a passing by Elf vessel.


That vessel was commandeered by Spectree, one fearless Elf Commander and his mission was to transport a shipment of Gold to Nir Machas, under the supervision of the High Princess Isilme, daughter of the High King Umaia.

Kronnax and his crew boarded the ship pilling and destroying everything around, the Elves didn't have any change of counter attack that surprise attack, but then he saw her, in the one second that their eyes crossed by, something happened… he felt in love...


And when his captain ordered some crewmember to kill Isilme, he charged back to his Captain and crew in order to save her. His actions weren't well received by his peers but in the end she was able to flee her vessel with the help of Spectree. Plus the Pirates got their gold.


Due to his action he was beaten and left to die in Parathia, but he was a strong young man, and in that day he had a reason to survive, the better reason. More so, surviving was what he did.


After that, he traveled half the Machan Empire searching for Isilme, in that voyagers he'd made friends and rivals, as each new quest or challenge bought him a little more close to her.


Then one day he found her, she was on the verge of marrying Spectree, the Elf commander that almost killed him inside. In a fit of rage he manage to abducted her from her camp, after that they happily live for the next two years with one another. Until one day... one disgraceful day... they were discovered by High King Umaia army.

Leaded by Commander Spectree, who grabbed her in order to return her to his people. In the midst of the beating, Kronnax still tries to overpower the more than 20 Elfs that were around him, in vain.


Moments later they left him in the floor to die, and then they return to their Camp. There was nothing he could do... just survive.

Three months ago that survival bought him here into the City of Duels, his quest to gain gold to form an Army to set Isilme free. Of course, here In Phyrra not everything is what it seems and his future might not be so bright as he wishes, because there's much for him to discover.


Here there are many faces of evil waiting for his mistakes and he's not perfect. His path will still cross many times with Spectree but that's not all, as in the shadows lies Al Zuijard, Scar Voc, and even a treat from the future in the name of his best friend Americo Silva.

But in his dark times he will not be alone, as he's got some friends and allies to help him in his quests, from Isilme, the love of his live, Commander Silva, his best friend, Milosh Black and Tittas, two cat people that will help him see the world with different eyes and even a surprise from his future, by the name of Lady Leonor.


As that, all be in his hand, if he choose the right path, he might get what he wishes, but those who know him know better, sometimes the best isn't what he wishes but what he needs and today with his joining into the Army of Shadows he will soon discover that wasn't the best choice, but he will learn and we'll be here waiting to see what will happen next...



Origins & Omens - Isilme

My name's Isilme. And this is my story.


I don't have much to talk about my childhood, it was as regular as every elfish child's one. Maybe with a small particularity that ended up to be the reason of every single judgment I've been put through. I am the only child of our tribe's King and the only thing he have left along with the crown. And my acts against the laws existent are used as example. Such as the punishments and I experience almost all of them.


My mother died when I was six and there's not much I can remember of her, but I know the reason I love the hill where I used to go to get away from the village and the noises around, it's because of her. We used to sit there as she tried to teach me all the flowers names. And when I hurt my knee, she laid me down in the smooth grass and grabbed some kind of a medicinal plant around the wound before I start crying. It took only two days till it's completely healed.


«I brought you something to eat, ya Princess! Come and get it before it starts to smell!» - said someone behind the heavy door.

The laughs gave me the creeps, but because of the laughs itself, but because of the whole situation. My mom healed my physical wounds till the moment of her death. My father spent his entire life making bruises on me, the kind of wounds that no plant or salt-water could possibly heal…


I tried to appear as normal as any Elfic child. The High King forbidden me of getting out of the village and soon I discovered that climbing on the highest trees was as rewarding as staring at the seas from the highest hill of the mountain's chain.


For my eighteenth birthday I was promised someone to share my life. Someone to protect me, someone to succeed the King and lead the tribe. But, as my mom, I was like an eagle.. and my spirit was leading me not even close to that road. My mom's free spirit was what made her get killed.


When I discovered mine, that's when the real troubles started for me… Only because I fell in love... with a human.


*  *  *  *  *


«I never wanted this to end like this Isilme. I'm your father, but if you don't cooperate, there's not much I can do for you.» The High King Umaia showed up in my cell and sit in front of me in the bed. «I gave you all! You just threw it away.. You were supposed to marry my best guard, my right hand. Why did you have to make things difficult? Why did you have to fall in love with a human? TELL ME WHY?»


When he ended his speech we was yelling at me. And all I did was answering in the coldest and insensitive way I could get… «'Cause he's your right hand not mine; 'cause since my mother died there's nothing that keeps me here! My room became smaller and smaller over the past thirty years. If you tied me up to a tree I would feel greater than inside that thing I have to call HOME, High King!»


«You still can change your mind. You still can escape from the death that's destined to you as punishment from breaking the one laws that you shouldn't. You still can say "yes" and marry John Spectree and live..."


From my mouth, all that came was a whisper. «You've made my life miserable in the past years. Years ago, you've beaten the one I loved till death and you killed my baby daughter in front of my eyes. If I could, I would be glad for tier you up to a tree and set you on fire myself. And that's the only answer I have to give you. I prefer a death with torture than fulfill your eyes with happiness!»



Origins & Omens - Spectree

After losing his fiancé Isilme to the puny human Kronnax, the High-Commander Spectree was exiled from Silvintri. The loss of his fiancé and exile from his people drove the elf mad.


He entered a path of stealing as much technology and slaves as possible, and with the help of a battalion of loyal troops, Spectree managed to forge an army.


And what is worse than a mad elf with a battalion, technology and noting to lose. Nothing, but nothing was also what he felt inside, as in his mind he needed his ultimate prize, he needed Princess Isilme.


That bitch that runned away from him to be with a human, that bitch that ruined his plans in became the next High King, that bitch that he loved even without knowing her.


He needed more, he needed her, he wanted to make his destiny fulfilled once again. He was destined to become High King, and the disgust that he felt for her meant nothing. He didn't care if she loved him, no he only cared about his power.


So he started a rampage of conquest and destruction, until he invaded a mining town east of Tamdon. There he captured Rangraz, the Chief of Tamdon and learned that some years ago an elf and a human crossed those roads.


His eyes glowed once again with the knowledge that his demand was close to an end, and he could savour' Isilme flesh once again...


What he do not know is that the beleaguered city is calling for Commanders to save them from the demented elf, and what a surprise he will have with one of the Commanders that will answer that call to arms...

Sem comentários: