quinta-feira, 30 de julho de 2009

The Journals of Siro LeBeau, Time-Watcher - Entry 7

siro
"Time-Watchers observe the infinite variations of reality from their citadel in the timeless void. Though they have infinite time for observation, there are also infinite permutations, and so the Time-Watchers are one of the few actual constants of the universe."


- Beyond the Gates: Out-World Armoury



Entry 7: The Shadowlands are upon us…




Mr. LeBeau, I want to talk to you… Those were the first words that I heard as soon as I arrived from my trip to the future. In front of me stood a welcoming party, lead by our Chrono-Guard Commander Sylgarth. I frozen, as I thought that my plans had been discovered, but I decided to play along, passing by stupid, so I asked him what happened and why I was having that reception. The Commander did not reply to me; instead he inquired me about my trip. And I was obligated to tell him, that I used my free time to saw someone that I really liked, but the only problem was that she still wasn’t born in the present time, as if that was an excuse for someone like us… and truth to be said, I wasn’t telling a completely lie…

He waived his head and with a fast movement he grabbed my arm, and took me to the front of the Chrono-Monitor, and away from the rest of the guards, then in a soft tone he tell me… “Siro, things are going to change soon, this was recorded while you were away, take a look…” pointing to the monitor. There I could see Starry Eyed, a famous Phyrran, she was running and out of breath in order to enter her hideout. Did you saw that? “At this point all the streets around the arena are filled with chaos. I could feel the tension tinkering in the air… for Starry even though it was a mad rush, she managed to get indoors today. But what will happen when the Shadows are in full force? No one knows. And Siro, I need you to do a thing for us…,”

I interrupted with a trembled what… the commander ignored it and continued “…but it’s a thing that our peers can’t know. I will erase all the evidences of your doings and this ours conversation, but please know that this might end both of our lives. But I do trust you, and as I know that you want to save Phyrra, this might be the only way. Do you want to become a Seeker for us Siro or something in those molds? Please, I need you to find a team to stop the Shadows and to help us saving Phyrra.”

But Sir, I ‘m a Watcher, I cannot interfere in the time lines. I told him, but he continued… “Siro! Please, you do not need to keep with that, at least not to me. I’m only asking you this, because I know that you’re capable of this, and I also know about your secret quest, the one that have the same objective as my own. Know that I do not want you to change your plans; I’m just giving you more freedom to do it so the rest is up to you. Oh, and Siro, for the records we did not have this conversation…” Then he felt the room leaving me alone with the image of what I just saw in my head…

Thoughts start running though my head… what will happen to Starry… and to all the other… our fate was blurring in front of me… what can I do… what can WE all do…


To be continued in the Revolution in the Shadowlands quests.

Sem comentários: